Year 5: Severn
Welcome to Year 5
Hello Year 5!
We have got an exciting term ahead of us with lots of new topics and things to learn!
We are really sorry we can't all be in school together but it is important we are all safe. I know you will all try your hardest and do amazing work whether you are working at school or at home. I can't wait to see all of the brilliant things you will do this term.
- We will have Google Classroom lesson everyday at 10:30am to 11:30am. There will also be a drop in session between 2:15pm and 3:00pm. This will be a chance for you to log on to show me work or ask any questions that you have from that day.
- Please try and be in contact every day, I will send a VLE message each morning at 9am setting out the activities for that day.
- I will also put an overview for the week onto this class page for you to look at.
- Please use Maths Shed and Spelling Shed to support your learning as well as using other resources that we have looked at together to further any learning.
- I will send links to Oak Academy learning videos and BBC Bitesize links to further the learning of those who want more.
- We will try and set up small groups to have video lessons for some children who need extra support.
- An adult from Y5 will call you each week to chat and see how you are doing, it will be lovely to hear your voices :)
Keep smiling, stay safe and have fun!
Please get in contact if you have any issues with connecting online.
Weekly Overviews and Resources:
- Term 3 Week 5 Overview.pdf
- Cosmic Yoga
- Biomes Map.pdf
- Thermal Insulation Presentation.pdf
- Term 3 Week 4 Overview.pdf
- Week 4 Science Presentation.pdf
- Climates Around the World
- Climate Zones
- PE Video
- ICT Link
- Term 3 Week 3 Overview.pdf
- Tuesday Maths Video
- Science Presentation.pdf
- Tuesday 19th January Maths Answers.pdf
- Wednesday Maths Video
Terms 3 & 4 - Eco Warriors
This term our topic is Eco Warriors. We will be learning more about our world, the different environments and resources we have. We will also be finding out more about how we create energy, where we get our food from and famous conservationists (someone who works to protect animals, plants, and natural resources).
Spellings will be given out each week online and can be found in the Term 3 list below.
Remember to keep learning your 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 spellings as well. Spelling shed is a great place to do this! Who can get to the top of the leader board!
- Spelling activity cards.pdf
- Term 1 spellings 2020-21.pdf
- Term 3 spellings 2020-21.pdf
- Year 5 and 6 Spelling List.pdf
- Year 3 and 4 Spelling List.pdf
Keep using all of our online resources but always check with an adult first.
Active learn - reading our class text, homework and maths games
Spelling Shed and Maths Shed - Keep on practising! Who can get to the top of the leaderboard?
VLE - spellings lists and topic links
Google Classroom - online lessons for if we can't be at school
Have a go at my Maths and Active Challenge Calendars! There is a different challenge for each day of the month, how many can you complete?