Year 3: Avon & Tone
Welcome to Year 3!
Avon: Mr Low
Tone: Mrs MacLeod-Jones (M/Tu) Mrs Hinkley (W/Th/F)
This term our topic is Shocking Styles. This topic will include learning about fashion over the ages and how people's clothes tell us about history.
The BBC Bitesize website has lots of extra information about mountains. Click on the picture above to find out more.
Terms 1 & 2
THE STONE AGE
We have an exciting term ahead of us. Our Topic is The Stone Age, where we will be learning all about what life was like for Stone Age people. We will study the mysterious site of Skara Brae and will visit the famous standing stones at Stonehenge. Please have a look at our Topic overview for the term to see the other kinds of activities we will be doing.
The BBC Bitesize website has lots of useful information and activities on the Stone Age. Click on the picture above to find out more.
E-safety: Always ask your grown up if it is okay to visit a new website you haven't been on before.
Important Information for Year 3
- Book bags need to be brought in every day. Please listen to your child read every night. We will be rewarding the children who read regularly at home.
- Any messages from home can be written in the Home Communication Books which will be checked every morning.
- Homework books are handed in every Friday.
- Spellings will be stuck into Homework books every Friday and are to be learnt over the next week. Spelling tests happen every Friday morning.
- A timestable sheet will be stuck into Homework books every Friday. This is to be completed during the week.
- P.E. kit should come in on the Monday and be taken home to be washed on the Friday.