Year 2: Dart & Brue
WELCOME TO YEAR 2
Your teachers are Miss McAvoy and Ms Hinchliff
Your TAs are Ms King, Mrs Mason and Mrs Clarke
HOME LEARNING 2021
We are really sorry we can't all be in school together this term but it is important we are all safe. Here is how to learn from home :
- Your teachers will be available at set times during the day on Google Classroom to support your learning. 9-10 for a lesson and from 2:15 for a drop in session to show work or ask any questions
- Please use your paper packs and aim to do a maths/ literacy task per day and a foundation subject (art/ topic/ science) We will send you a weekly timetable to help you plan this work.
- Please use Maths Shed and Spelling Shed to support your learning as well as using BBC Bitesize to further any learning .
- We will send links to Oak Academy learning videos to further the learning of those who want more
- Please join the Phonics and Maths interventions we have set for you
- Please try and be in contact with your teachers every day, we will send a VLE message each morning at 8:30
Look after yourselves and we hope to see you as soon as it is safe and possible.
Please contact the school if you have any issues with connecting online.
National Marine Aquarium are giving some amazing video opportunities to learn more about Marine life!
Check the website for more information on what they will be covering. Use the Youtube channel link to watch the videos.
These are the topics they will be covering over the next few weeks:
- 15th Jan – Underwater Volcanoes
- 22nd Jan – Creature Classification
- 29th Jan – Nautical Navigation
- 5th Feb – Ocean Mysteries
- 12th Feb – Megafauna
- 19th Feb – Life Cycles
- 26th Feb – Looking after the Ocean
Art activities and links
Please have a look at the Common Exception words below, the goal is for all Year 2 children to recognise and spell the Year 2 Common Exception words. Please encourage your children to practise these when possible.
Some children may be working on the Year 1 list :)
We will be doing lots of Phonics in Year 2 as we missed a lot in Year 1. Please practise sounds with your children at home if possible. Phases 3-5 sounds are below.
The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me
By Roald Dahl
Read by Miss McAvoy and Ms Hinchliff